What you will learn
- Conclusion: running shoe Mizuno Wave Rider 21 is the comparison winner
- The running shoes Review comparison: buying advice – athletes should pay attention to this
- Price, performance and special feature of our favorite Mizuno Men's Wave Rider 21
- Under Armor Charged Bandit 3 Running Shoe – Review comparison for athletes
- ASICS Men's Gt-2000 6 Running Shoes Review Overview: Spacious running shoe with good stance
- Altra Escalante Running Shoes Review Overview: Flat running shoes for fast runners
- The running shoe Review: the winner in comparison to other alternatives
- Cheap alternative: Adidas Supernova GTX M running shoes
- Flat Alternative: Reebok Harmony Road 2 – good fit for running shoes Review
- Get a steady ride with the Nike Air Zoom Structure 21 running shoe review
- Attractive Alternatives in the Running Shoes Review Overview
- Running shoes Guidebook – that's what runners should be aware of
- Rubber, textile or synthetics? – The material of the running shoes in the Review comparison
- Smart running shoes with sensors are on the rise
- More tests and comparisons to wearables
Conclusion: running shoe Mizuno Wave Rider 21 is the comparison winner
The running shoe Mizuno Wave Rider 21 scored particularly well in the Review comparison. Since the sports shoe is equally suitable for short and long distances, comfortable joggers can do the same with the shoe as users who want to run a marathon. With a padded sole and a breathable upper, the running shoe is just the thing to have a nice run in the Review comparison.
Although the running shoe model is perceived by some testers as too heavy, but the overall package could still convince. With a price of just under 100 euros, our comparison winner is in the middle price segment and can boast a consistent five-star rating at Amazon. A good alternative for athletes on a lower budget is the Supernova running shoe from Adidas, which was able to convince us in terms of value for money.
The running shoes Review comparison: buying advice – athletes should pay attention to this
Anyone who flirts with the purchase of running shoes, should consider a few points in any case:
- wear: How does the running shoe feel? The bandwidth goes from light and weightless to heavy and constricting. Our favorite Mizuna Wave Rider 21 is rated as light by many testers.
- rebound: Is the user powered while running, resulting in an almost automatic and supportive running style? Is the feel of the suspension also pleasant or should it be dampened?
- damping: A particularly important point is the damping. The cushions are there to mitigate shocks. Good cushioning is essential, especially on uneven ground, because non-absorbent shoes can quickly hit the joints. The Mizuno Wave Rider 21 has a padded sole, which provides good cushioning and protects the joints.
- floor feelingWhile cushioning absorbs shocks, the feel of the ground is responsible for the athlete feeling which surface is being walked on. If you are on a snowy surface, it has to feel different than on a sandy track or on asphalt.
- fit: How long does it take for a shoe to arrive? When fitting, the length, width and conformability of a shoe are crucial for its fast shrinkage. With the Mizuno Wave Rider 21, the fit fits snugly on the foot.
- design: How many designs are available from a model? The color is indeed a matter of taste, for many athletes but an important criterion, because the shoe must also please the eye and to match the outfit.
- Weight: The weight of a shoe can be crucial when it comes to how comfortable it can be during training. It does not decide the severity in absolute terms. The weight may be more comfortable on a heavier shoe than on a too light one, and vice versa.
- Sole / material: It is important for a running shoe that it is ergonomically shaped. Since the entire foot is loaded while running, no pressure points should occur. Also, the top of a running shoe is important. Here are the criteria for whether a shoe is water repellent and breathable. Our comparison winner Mizuno Wave Rider 21 is made of rubber, synthetic and textile.
Price, performance and special feature of our favorite Mizuno Men's Wave Rider 21
The winner in the Review comparison is the Mizuno Wave Rider 21. With a breathable upper, a padded sole and a comfortable weight of 620 grams, the running shoe can be seen in the Review comparison.
The fit may take some getting used to, as some testers did not feel the width was appropriate for the size of the shoe, but the running shoe is equally suitable for short- and long-distance runners alike. Athletes who prefer springy running do not go wrong with the model. With a price of 100 euros, athletes can buy a good running shoe that does not have to hide behind well-known brands such as Adidas and Under Armor.
- The website runnersworld.com praised in the Review the stability and cushioning of the shoe. Especially the high blast was highlighted positively. (As of 04/2018)
- laufschuhkauf.com recommends the running shoe Mizuno Wave Rider 21 for light and medium-weight runners. Field, forest and meadow paths are no problem with the model. (As of 05/2018)
- The portal Chip.com praised the lightweight upper of the Mizuno Wave Rider 21, but criticized the weight of the running shoes. As an all-rounder, the running shoe is well suited. (As of: 09/2018)
- At Amazon.com, the running shoe received an average of 4.9 out of 5 stars, with the consistent good quality was praised in the series. (As of 02/2019)
Under Armor Charged Bandit 3 Running Shoe – Review comparison for athletes
ASICS Men's Gt-2000 6 Running Shoes Review Overview: Spacious running shoe with good stance
ASICS Men's Gt-2000 6 Running Shoes Review Overview: Bevaluations in comparison
Altra Escalante Running Shoes Review Overview: Flat running shoes for fast runners
Altra Escalante Running Shoes Review Overview: Reviews by Comparison
The running shoe Review: the winner in comparison to other alternatives
Our comparison winner Mizuno Wave Rider was almost on par with the Charged Bandit 3 by Under Armor. The damping and the processing then brought but the decisive advantage over the competition.
|Mizuno Wave Rider 21||Under Armor Charged Bandit 3||Ascic's GT 2000 6||Altra Escalante|
|price||99.95 euros||100.00 euros||140.00 euros||139.95 euros|
|Weight||620 grams (size 43)||150 grams||499 grams||464 grams|
|particularity||progressive damping||breathable, zipper||strong shocks are absorbed||continue forefoot area|
|Suitable for / as||easy and intermediate runners||Universal Shoes||Road running shoes||fast runners|
|paragraph||12 mm||40 mm||28 mm||9 mm|
|material||Rubber, synthetic, textile||Synthetic, textile||Rubber, synthetic||synthetic|
Cheap alternative: Adidas Supernova GTX M running shoes
Adidas Supernova GTX M Running Shoes Review Overview: Reviews by Comparison
- The website runnersworld.com named the shoe Adidas Supernova GTX M the best of its series and praised the cushioning and the stable midsole. (As of 03/2017)
- The portal chip.com complained on the Supernova GTX M that the fit was narrow and it took too long to run the shoes were praised, but praised the good blast of 10 mm. (As of 03/2017)
- The website lauf-bar.com called the top of the GTX M "pretty hard", which, however, give a secure feeling. As a neutral shoe, he was very stable and have a good grip. (As of: 12/2017)
Flat Alternative: Reebok Harmony Road 2 – good fit for running shoes Review
Reebok Harmony Road 2 Running Shoes Review Overview: Reviews by Comparison
Get a steady ride with the Nike Air Zoom Structure 21 running shoe review
Nike Air Zoom Structure 21 Running Shoes Review Overview: Reviews by Comparison
Attractive Alternatives in the Running Shoes Review Overview
Since the Reebok Harmony Road 2 was not completely convincing, the Adidas Supernova GTX running shoe is a good alternative to the Mizuno Wave Rider 21. Harmony Road 2 and the Nike Air Zoom Structure 21 have a good fit and a comfortable fit thanks to the synthetic material.
|Adidas Supernova GTX M||Reebok Harmony Road 2||Nike Air Zoom Structure 21|
|price||149.95 euros / offer at 85 euros||119.95 euros||120.00 euros|
|Weight||150 grams||308 grams||150 grams|
|particularity||Boost midsole||for narrow feet, good cushioning||high breathability|
|Suitable for / as||Allrounder||Neutralschuhe||Stabilization Shoes|
|paragraph||30 mm||14.4 mm||no paragraph|
|material||Textile, rubber, synthetics||synthetic||synthetic|
Running shoes Guidebook – that's what runners should be aware of
Rubber, textile or synthetics? – The material of the running shoes in the Review comparison
Smart running shoes with sensors are on the rise
More tests and comparisons to wearables