A design and efficient smart health connected mosquito trap proposed by Oittm, compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant voice commands.
What you will learn
Oittm Insecticide-Free smart health connected Mosquito Trap for Amazon Echo and Google health home
With l’Oittm Smart Mosquito Killer (Oittm smart Mosquito trap), your Google health home or Amazon Echo will turn into a mosquito hunter. Indeed, this small device, which at first glance may seem a little gadget, will allow you to sleep properly with the window open this summer without fear of being disturbed by mosquitoes or other noisy flies.
Design Oittm Smart Mosquito Killer
As for its fragrance and essential oil diffuser, Oittm presents us with a rather design object. Made of metal and plastic Flame retardant ABS. The perceived quality is good, for a solid and resistant whole. Available in white or black – bedroom or living room 😉
- Weight: 300 grams
- Size: 12 cm in diameter for 17.5 cm high
Features of the Oittm Electronic Mosquito Trap
This smart health connected mosquito trap works on a very simple principle. The Smart Mosquito Killer takes advantage of mosquitoes’ phototaxis at specific wavelengths and attracts them with light at 365nm. Thus, all insects flying just above it or near its 360 degree open top grille will be inexorably attracted to it. Once in approach, the mosquito is literally sucked up thanks to a suction effect created with the help of a small fan which remains silent. The insect then finds itself trapped inside where it will end its days.
A simple, odorless and chemical-free way to kill mosquitoes and other flying insects that might disturb your sleep. It is therefore a safe method for pregnant women, infants or pets.
- Voltage: 100 ~ 240V
- Output: 5V / 1A
- Rated power: 3W, leave it on, it only consumes one kWh per month, so it is very energy efficient.
Powered by a USB cable, it must be smart health connected to an outlet (not included), a USB Power Bank, your computer or any other device with a powered USB port.
The device is equipped with a rotating hatch on the bottom to allow you to get rid of your dead prey very simply.
In use, it works perfectly for moths, small moths and mosquitoes. But, he will have more difficulty with large flies (the cloth and the slipper work well, because they are less sneaky than mosquitoes).
- For your first time as a smart health connected mosquito killer, let it run for at least 24 hours.
- It is better to leave the windows closed,
- Avoid putting it in line with the blast of a fan or air conditioner.
- Turn it on 2 to 3 hours before going into the room.
- Do not open the emptying hatch too often (a dead mosquito and better than a captured live mosquito, unless you want to release it into the wild).
Alexa and Google health home compatibility
The Oittm Smart Mosquito Killer is programmable with the free app on iOS or Android smartphones
Also controllable by Google health home (Google Assistant) or smart health connected speaker from the Amazon Echo range (Alexa).
Price and availability
An early version of the Oittm mosquito trap is sold for around € 29.9 (+ 10 € the USB socket).
But, I really recommend version 2 normally reserved for the American market, much better finished and more efficient at less than 38 € (currently by import in France).
Unboxing, contents of the box:
- 1 X Electronic trap ”Mosquito killer” without insecticide
- 1 x USB cable, but without plug (around 10 €)
- 1 x User manual
Oittm smart health connected mosquito trap Review review
Compatibility and connectivity
Effectiveness of the trap
Quality / price ratio
- Design and ease of use
- Quiet 40 dB and efficient while respecting the instructions
- Connectivity with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa
- 100% electric no harmful products
- mobile with a USB Power Bank
- No plug with the USB cable
- Power limited to one piece
A small device that will make you a reputable mosquito hunter in the region. But, don’t expect to protect your entire health home from mosquitoes with just one device. Indeed, it is perfectly suited to protect a room such as a bedroom or a living room. Useless if it is daylight, unlike a blue flashlight. (I have this one in the dining room … efficient, but noisy, I jump at every crime).
- Too bad the kit does not include the USB power socket.
- Almost silent 40 dB use. But do not place it on the bedside table, but rather next to the window, if you leave it open).
- A successful and discreet design.
- Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa compatibility to trigger it remotely (ideal to turn it on before going to the “secure” room).
- A harmless system for children, pregnant women and animals (but not for mosquitoes and other flying insects).
I really find the US version successful and efficient, its weight and size allow it to be taken on a trip …
AB SMART HEALTH REVIEW