Being a family caregiver is a heavy responsibility which can be a real source of stress. This is largely due to the financial burden of the situation. Little known, several financial aids exist to accompany you to assume your role of caregiver.
What you will learn
BECOME A PAY ASSIST
- You can be a volunteer helper and continue to work full time. However, it is sometimes impossible to combine the two.
- Your loved one can then pay you as soon as he perceives theAPA, the Personalized Allowance of Autonomy paid to persons over 60 years old. This situation is possible even if you are on family support leave.
The amount of your salary will be calculated on the basis of 13.78 euros per hour.
By making you his employee, your loved one will benefit from a tax reduction 50% of the expenses incurred in your favor within the limits of 12 000 euros.
This limit may be increased by 1 500 euros per child or dependent person over 65 but is limited to two additional persons and may not exceed 15 000 euros.
The ceiling is also 15,000 euros in the year of employment within the limit of 18,000 euros including surcharges. It is 20,000 euros if a third person is needed to take care of the help in addition to your help.
Are excluded from this possibility of being salaried : spouses, cohabitants or partners of pacs except in case of a situation of great dependence.
- If your loved one is a disabled person who receives PCH, Disability Compensation Benefit, she can also pay you. For that, you simply do not have to be retired or do another full-time activity. This benefit is mainly used to provide basic necessities for the life of your loved one but it can also be used to pay you or to compensate you. A disabled person receives a subsidy of 13.61 euros per hour where you help him to pay you.
- In case your loved one is in a situation of great dependenceyou can be an employee of the latter even if you are the spouse, partner, pacs partner, child or parent of that person.
- If your loved one has sufficient resourceshe can also pay you while benefiting from a tax reduction and an exemption from social security contributions.
BECOME A SUPPORT FOR DAMAGED
- When it is not possible for your loved one to pay youhe can compensate you up to 3.90 euros per hour. This amount is 5.94 euros if you had to stop your professional activity to take care of him (2019 data, public service).
The latter must be declared to the taxes under thenon-commercial profits"And you must register with theUrssaf and pay membership fees Social Security.
- If you continue to work part-timeyou can cumulate your salary and compensation.
It is even possible to be paid by your loved one and to receive this compensation.
However, the latter is not a salarythere is no social security contribution, but you can benefit from old-age insurance for people at home.
THE RIGHT TO UNEMPLOYMENT
- In case you were not paid before taking care of your loved onethat you have an employment contract to take care of your loved one and that you meet the requirements (contribution period, registration as jobseeker) you can claim unemployment.
The reason for breach of contract must also be indicated as "dismissal for another reason"On the certificate Employment Center and whether it is death, accommodation in a facility or healing of the person.
- If your relative lives in your household and is taxed as a dependentno work contract can be recognized.
- Also, if you resign from your job to care full time for your loved oneYou will not have the right to unemployment and you will have to wait 4 months to have your file reviewed.
Daily support allowance a person at the end of life can pay you if your loved one is in this situation. Its amount is 55.93 euros per day.
THE RIGHT TO THE RESPITE
Thanks to the law on adaptation of society to aging 2016, your right to take time for yourself is recognized if your loved one is the beneficiary of the Personalized Autonomy Allowance. This recognition gives rise to a financial aid of 501,69 euros per year and per person assisted during the duration of your respite.
This law on the adaptation of society to aging also provides for the temporary care of your loved one if you are hospitalized.
In addition to the financial assistance that has been proposed to you, solutions exist to accompany you every day facing the problems that you might encounter as a caregiver.